Thursday, October 24, 2013

Making a new friend...


So this is a bit of a random post, but I wanted to share my joy and show some of the beginnings of my projects.

I am wondering out loud a bit here - but is it sad that I feel like the shiny new Birthday Silhouette Portrait is fast becoming a friend :)

I LOVE new tools and being a bit geeky I love electronic gadgetry more than anything.

I had a few frustrating moments at first with the Portrait - all my fault not the machine's.

Now I feel like we are becoming very comfortable with each other.

I got a few bonus hours off yesterday, so I rushed home to work on some 40 for 40 ideas..

The main photo is of the elephant that I cut using the Portrait. Notice how the elephant is on elephant paper (by Pink Petticoat)..I bought the elephant because the paper inspired me.

I love the fact that files are only 99cents and I can decide what I want and I can use my own fonts.

I also bought myself a Whale file, to use with my Pink Petticoat fish paper - again a 40 for 40 idea...
Here's a photo of him all cut out, I am planning on using the negative piece as a one-off stencil!!

Whale die-cut and fishy paper
The idea of creating my own stencils is very appealing, I need to do more research around that.

I've also found that because these die-cuts are quite intricate, I need a better adhesive solution...I stumbled across TomBow Aqua, it has a fine tip and a wide tip and it dries clear and is super easy to apply to detailed designs.

So that's my geek gushing session over, I hope you enjoyed this little reveal of what I am up to and what tools I am currently loving.

I really enjoyed WOYWW yesterday, nice to catch up with some of my blog buddies and look at the fab things going on around the globe..I love nosing at desks.

Cx


2 comments:

  1. Oh Love both your cut outs, Ive no electronic gadgetry but really want some, might put it on my next year wish list!!! Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel - electronic gadgetry is great - doesn't fully replace a big shot, but it does aid your craftiness. Cx

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx