Thursday, October 24, 2013

Making a new friend...


So this is a bit of a random post, but I wanted to share my joy and show some of the beginnings of my projects.

I am wondering out loud a bit here - but is it sad that I feel like the shiny new Birthday Silhouette Portrait is fast becoming a friend :)

I LOVE new tools and being a bit geeky I love electronic gadgetry more than anything.

I had a few frustrating moments at first with the Portrait - all my fault not the machine's.

Now I feel like we are becoming very comfortable with each other.

I got a few bonus hours off yesterday, so I rushed home to work on some 40 for 40 ideas..

The main photo is of the elephant that I cut using the Portrait. Notice how the elephant is on elephant paper (by Pink Petticoat)..I bought the elephant because the paper inspired me.

I love the fact that files are only 99cents and I can decide what I want and I can use my own fonts.

I also bought myself a Whale file, to use with my Pink Petticoat fish paper - again a 40 for 40 idea...
Here's a photo of him all cut out, I am planning on using the negative piece as a one-off stencil!!

Whale die-cut and fishy paper
The idea of creating my own stencils is very appealing, I need to do more research around that.

I've also found that because these die-cuts are quite intricate, I need a better adhesive solution...I stumbled across TomBow Aqua, it has a fine tip and a wide tip and it dries clear and is super easy to apply to detailed designs.

So that's my geek gushing session over, I hope you enjoyed this little reveal of what I am up to and what tools I am currently loving.

I really enjoyed WOYWW yesterday, nice to catch up with some of my blog buddies and look at the fab things going on around the globe..I love nosing at desks.

Cx


2 comments:

  1. Oh Love both your cut outs, Ive no electronic gadgetry but really want some, might put it on my next year wish list!!! Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel - electronic gadgetry is great - doesn't fully replace a big shot, but it does aid your craftiness. Cx

      Delete

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx