Sunday, October 27, 2013

Overdoing it...


Hi!

Friday night was a little bit too epic for Hubby and I, so yesterday was spent loafing around the apartment, eating and watching films.

Today we managed to do laundry and I skyped with JT - which was fun, I am getting more and more excited to see her at Thanksgiving.

After our call, I decided I would once again combine the Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches this week..

Color Throwdown #265 is a great palette this week -



And I love the simplicity of the FMS #109 sketch -
I have this lovely Stamping Bella Pixie stamp that I don't use very often and thought it would be fun to break it out here and colour it using part of the CTD palette.

I think the spotty paper (the last of a my minds eye set) is close enough to baked brown sugar and the white space around my image counts as my use of white. The embossed Navy paper was a gift from JT, she has this amazing wood effect embossing folder and she sends me pieces of card that she has embossed using this folder :) The sentiment is by Tim Holz and I used my fave VersaMagic Gingerbread ink to stamp it. As we all know I love a Candi! And the one here suits the colour scheme perfectly.

This card was such a simple, easy and fun make. Now I want to make a whole bunch of them to give as set!

Now I am going to go and make a few more 40 for 40 cards.

Cx

6 comments:

  1. Adorable card and a great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Great coloring! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You've combined challenges these challenges perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling image and your coloring really brought her to life!!!! Love how you used the colors, too....Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh. that pixie is adorable!! thanks for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get the kettle on Claire - I'm coming over to play! What a fantastic haul - I love your gift buying criteria with your friend - brilliant idea! I KNOW you're going to have fun playing with your new toys! MMs #48

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx