Sunday, October 20, 2013

A different kind of playdate...


This week has been a strange one, for both JT and I. I thought that if we did a kind of playdate, that we might both perk up a bit!

So I set us a challenge - combine 2 challenges, this week's Freshly Made Sketches #108 and Color Throwdown #264

CTD #264 colour swatch

FMS #108 - sketch
JT posted her card yesterday...I love the set she has made and the colours work really well.

Mine is the main photo today and I am very pleased with it, bar the minor hiccup (sentiment slightly stamped on the flower). I am going to add it to the 40 for 40 pile.

I used Hippy Chick papers for the striped background and the navy blue paper (which I embossed using a Cuttlebug large dots folder), the pale blue and the coral are random bits of paper from my stash, the flowers are by Dovecraft and I punched 2 contrasting mini flowers to layer them up. The sentiment is by Stampin' Up and the silver paper is left over from a birthday card I made earlier in the week.

I decided not to cut the silver bits into banner points, as I liked the bluntness of them as they are!

I am busy stenciling today, as I have all these ideas for 40 for 40, so I am trying to execute as many of them as possible today.

Happy Sunday.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. I like that the greeting goes over the flower and that it's an oops - I'm all about honesty with the oops moments as you can tell from my post yesterday! I love the layered punched flowers - you always use them cleverly. I think they're better in your care than mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers re lovely against the background you chose! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination of the challenges! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the win from Color Throwdown for your excellent card, Claire!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx