Friday, October 4, 2013

Double duty


Whoo hoo! My Silhouette Portrait arrived and so I decided to make a card for a couple of challenges...

Designed to Color (#21) this week asked us to use a die and Color Throwdown (#262) had a great fall colour palette this week.


I decided not to make a 'fall' focused card, but to use the new stamps that I won over at Designed to Color a few weeks ago. The main photo today is my card.

I've always wanted tie stamps and love these ones, I coloured them using Pear Green and Mustard Promarkers.

I have a bit of work to do, getting to grips with the Silhouette Portrait, but I love it and it was a great help cutting the ovals and the sentiment for this card.

The grey chevron paper is by Studio Calico, the green paper is a scrap and I added a bit of bling to anchor the whole thing.

I like the crazy colour mix and random-ness of this card and I have a home for it already.

Happy Friday! This is my last weekend with Lemon (boo) and Nkem (my other bestie) arrives on Saturday for 5 days - sweet!

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Like the idea of the fall-colored ties instead of an autumnal card. Really fun but masculine at the same time. Good call craft buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much..I love the ties. I always struggle with the masculine style cards. Cx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous fall guy card and a great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE card, and great cut-outs! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx