Monday, October 29, 2012

Stick with what you know...


Literally I will be 'sticking' with my regular white craft glue and never want to see UHU again! I followed a little tip and bought a tube, thought it might help me getting buttons to stick to cards better. Well it certainly did that, but it also ended up all over me and the craft room.

Basically it comes out too quick and is too runny and it scared me a bit!

Anyway, I wanted to use this weekend to make some non Christmas items, but was feeling a bit short on inspiration. So I popped over to Pinterest and had a rummage through my craft ideas and also at Edie A's cardmaking board, which is amazing.

Today's main photo is of one of the cards I made using the following card as a guide -


I always feel that any cards I am 'copying' should be modified in some way to make it feel like I actually did something...
They were fun to make sp I made them in 3 colours - the UHU was the only sticking point (ha ha). I tried a new technique of running an ink pad around the edges of the paper square, it's really easy, but choose your ink type carefully - the pigment ink does not dry in a timely fashion and I ended up with it all over me and ruined a couple of cards. Chalk inks are much better.

I think the twine threaded buttons look cute, but I felt they were a tad too much effort - here is a detail photo so you can see the inked edges and the buttons


I advise using a 6 x 6 piece of paper and cutting it into 4 equal sizes squares, I found using detailed papers worked really well at this size

The papers are all from a set that I bought earlier in the year, but didn't really know what to do with them.

Here are the red and blue ones


Choosing a contrasting ink colour for the edges, really makes the paper squares stand out on the white cards.


Below is a detail shot of each card.


I opted for no twine on the red cards - don't like it as much.


Once I am back from Amsterdam, I'll post some more photos from my inspiration session.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx