Sunday, October 28, 2012

Personal Christmas.


The main photo today is of one of the Christmas cards I am making for Hubby and I to use this year. Hubby thinks christmas cards are totally un-necessary, but obviously I don't agree...I love sending cards :)

I am really pleased at how well it turned out. Fortunately, choosing this design meant that I had to purchase new toys :) I bought a Sizzix snowflake folder and stamp and a Woodware snowflake punch.

The idea came from this one that I saw on Pink Petticoat.


I decided that embossing the background and applying ink using a brayer would be more fun. The snowflakes looked a bit flat, so I painted them with a thin layer of glitter paint, to give them a slight shimmer. Instead of using red string, I went for a red button, which adds colour to the card.

Overall I think it's worked well, so I decided it would make a great challenge blog entry - no.95 on the DYSU blog, that wanted wet or dry embossing is the perfect one to enter. And that's exactly what I did :)

This is my first challenge entry in quite a while...I miss it, but I don't have enough time right now..

Cx

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, lovely frosty designs!
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect of the folder and the layered punch-out with the button. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um excuse me, this is all lovely and all but I want the family portrait card please!!
    (I finally updated my reader so hopefully your updates come through) xx Jade

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx