Monday, October 29, 2012

Engagement hearts


I made this lovely card for my friend Stuart and his shiny new fiance Amy. I'm seeing them this week for the first time since they got engaged, so I wanted to make them a card.

Stuart is a designer, so I had to make sure my card was funky and followed some design principles!

The big green heart came from Paper Presentation in NYC, which is possibly the most beautiful stationery / craft store in the world...I spent a lot of money in there, but the good news is that these hearts were in the sale and were dirt cheap, so I have them in black, grey and brown. The pink heart was punched using the Woodware heart punch. The white heart was punched using a new Woodware 2in scalloped heart punch - this is the first time I've used it.

I really like the 70's retro flower print paper that I used for the background. It came free with a craft magazine.

I am thinking about making a few more of these and adding them to the new website. What do you think?

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx