Sunday, October 14, 2012

Good Weather = Naughty Me!


Hey!

I had a fab birthday...far too much drink was consumed in a 4 day period, Joe's wedding was wonderful and my holiday in Tenerife was a hoot. None of which relates to the title of this post...so let's start at the beginning shall we?

I decided to use my birthday vouchers to my a new (long awaited) fisheye lens for my camera. I bought one by Lensbaby, which means I can interchange other lenses and accessories from their range - it makes buying new camera equipment fun and relatively inexpensive. It arrived on Thursday.
I have a million and one craft fair related things to do and JT said she'd do me bodily harm if I didn't get a post out about the Christmas cards...

Enter me being naughty the weather was too good this weekend to pass up and opportunity to play with the new lens. So I decided to do the bare minimum craft fair stuffs and rushed outside to play.

The main pic was taken today whilst I was being naughty! I am LOVING the new Lens, so easy to use and with a bit of work in PSE the photos are great. I had this random thought that I should take a photo of someone on the crossroad and then realised it might work if I used myself! Here are a few more.

Litter Bin at the local sports ground. Added Lomo effect using PSE
Gladiator Street is in my neighbourhood, such a cool name I want to live here. No work done to this pic
Cool effect - Pencil Sketch in PSE. Creates a pencil sketch (obv.) of your photo.  Cool.
This is a pic of our re-vamped bedroom, converted to b&w. I love this pic, feels very Living magazine!

Final photo is of my local park. Took some good advice and got a great result.
So in an attempt to avoid bodily harm, here is the one photo I managed to take of my Christmas card contribution to the fair...I have made approx 50 cards this weekend and started the non-Christmas items, so not totally naughty.

Christmas Trees
This card is a Pink Petticoat digi stamp, that you are supposed to paper piece, using the papers in the digi kit. But I thought that I would use my random paper scraps instead. I used a die to cut out the trees and sentiment and used Kars Xmas Collection 2011 papers for the blue shiny backing card. All in all I think they are cute, but a bit modern and work really well.

I really will try to get more Christmas photos up this week - honest.

Cx


1 comment:

  1. Um, bodily harm is coming your way because this is not a valid Christmas post. fail. But I do love the lens!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx