Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fabulous friend...


I have a lot of fabulous friends, but this gorgeous card is for one in particular :)

I am feeling all pleased with myself, as I made this card for the Card Concept challenge this week -


Why am I so pleased..well I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone and had a go at 'Freestyle Collage'..now I am not entirely 100% sure if my card does fit the bill..I think it does and I love it whatever!

It was fun to work entirely in pink, I didn't realise how much pink stuff I had!

The base for my card was the recoloured Pink Petticoat image and from there I looked for things to complement it - the sparkly square, card base and doily are all by Papermania, the 3 hearts were punched using my fave Woodware punches. The pink flag, is actually a Vogue Weddings cake topper?! That I saw on sale in TJMaxx and thought one day they will be useful. For a final touch I glittered up the image and voila! Card.

Once again it was nice to step out of my comfort zone and do something a bit different. Not too different, just a bit.

Have a Happy Saturday, I am off to call my Ma, who is hopefully on the road to recovery following a couple of very difficult months.

Cx

6 comments:

  1. Love it Claire and I'm sure your friend will too! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the different elements working so well together! Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure fits the freestyle!! Awesome card! I love the doily and the flag!!
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for you comment on my card. I don't know much about freestyle collage either but I'd say this fits. That's what I like about this challenge. You can try so many new things. I love the sentiment on your card and I'm sure your friend will, too. BTW how did you ever come up with the title for you blog? Very interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card for a friend Claire. A wonderful use of pink. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx