Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Tissue paper backgrounds..


Hey,

Recently, I saw this great idea for kids on Pinterest, it looked easy and fun, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I must point out though that they do point out the ink from the tissue paper will stain your fingers, so wear gloves. They are right. I did not listen, I have had inky fingers since Sunday...

Make sure you use bleeding tissue paper - not regular gift wrap tissue paper. I got mine from a cheapo store in London ages ago, but they sell it in most dollar stores.

The main photo today shows the hexagons I used for some of the backgrounds and a few of the backgrounds.

I did a few different things with the backgrounds.

I decided to cut an aperture in the background for these cards, I used a SSS stitched circle die, then I cut the SSS Smile die - which fits the aperture perfectly.

Both the backgrounds were cut out with a MFT stitched rectangle die.

I created a fun sentiment for the cards, but using a SSS stamp that worked with smile..


This card used the offcut from the cards above. This is an anniversary card for a special friend and her husband.. So I went to town a bit. I stacked punched hearts to add a bit of dimension. Because I did not have glittery purple card I decided to colour one of the hearts and then added embossing ink and sparkly Judikins embossing powder.

Love the faux glitter paper effect.


Final card for today is also an anniversary card. I love the giant Happy - the die is part of a trio by WPlus9.


I have some more cards to show you tomorrow using this technique.

Such an easy technique that gives such different results. I am looking forward to using different punches.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! these are gorgeous Claire… I love the bright and vibrant colours… they exude happiness! :-))
    Hope you have a nice evening!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good fun! I love your bottom make, that's so modern, it looks painted. I like the different treatments. I would never have thought aperture but that totally works, as does the off cut bit. Bet it was fun as well. Did you punch the tissue hexagons or die cut? I know it usually tears on a punch...good work man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JT - thanks! I punched the Hexagons, if you have about 8-10 sheets of tissue the punch works. Cx

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx