Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Inky, painty tag making fun...


Hey,

Hope you are all well.

It's been such a busy week already.

Hubby and I spend the weekend just outside Philly to visit some good friends that have just moved there from the UK - it was a surprise for him, as he didn't know where we were going.

I also did another card class at The Inkpad on Friday - with Cheiron as our teacher, she is so awesome! It was also great to connect with a few people I had met before (Lisette you know I am talking about you!)

We managed to make a whopping ten tags!! Using all different Ranger items and techniques. We used stains, paints, inks, markers, sprays, stencils, stamps and pastes.

The main photo shows two of the ten tags - on the left it is a new technique for me, ink up the stencil, spritz with water and then flip it onto your tag - eek! It works and is stunning. The one on the right is a translucent paste resist which I have done before.

Here photos of the rest of my tags..


These tags, all used Distress Paint Marbling - I've done this before and its fun, put the colours onto your craft sheet, spritz and then smoosh your tag through the colours..awesome and easy and look at the varied results.


These were fun and new to me - aging a piece of metallic card stock, clever. The green tag was made using sprays, blending them and using different colours to create an aged look.


These 3 are so colourful. The first one uses texture paste thru a stencil with spray inks over the top - cool and easy. The second tag, used a spray ink for the background and then stains for the edges and the stamping..stamping with stains BLEW MY MIND. The third one uses white distress paint thru a stencil, which when dry, resists the ink, see the letters showing thru?! Amazing.. This is also where Cheiron taught me how to actually blend...so easy, but I need practice.


Final tags!! I love the second one way more than the first one, but that is because I didn't listen... The second one uses rub-ons and then the smooshing technique to add colour. The lady is stamped on after. LOVE this, need more rub-ons now, normally I dislike them.

Fun times. I love doing classes at the Inkpad. If you are based in NYC you have to do a class there. You should also check out Cheiron's blog, she is so super talented.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous tags pal..love the colours, hugs Colours, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx