Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Shaker Anniversary..



Hey,

Hope you are all well.

Today I am showing you a card I made for our friend's first wedding anniversary.

They are the ones that just moved to Philly. 

We went back to the UK last year for their wedding and it was a gorgeous day.

I wanted to make them a shaker card - not sure why, I think it might have been the gorgeous custom sequins by Martha Stewart that came with the Simon Says Stamp August Card Kit.

They are so beautiful, they are just crying out for a shaker card!.

So how about this for a bit of thrifty card making. See the stitched aperture? Well the stitched circle on Monday's card is the aperture offcut - sweet!

It was easier that most shakers to put together, I used adhesive foam and cut a slightly bigger circle in it..I am really tempted by a Fuse..making shakers easy!

I stamped hearts in 2 sizes in 2 colours all over the front of my card and I didn't re-ink that often, for a softer, slightly broken feel.

The fantastic sentiment is Dear Lizzy by American Crafts - its a great set.

Here is a close-up - 


I love making shaker cards, but they are so labour intense. This one was moderately easy, so made it even better..

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Great patterend background and greeting combo, so sweet. I love the shaker colors as well. Shakers are such a faff, it's great when they work out so easily. BIg fan. x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx