Monday, August 31, 2015

Sweet smiles...

Hey,

Happy Monday!

Only 5 more days until I go on holiday - whoop whoop!

Can you believe it is the last day of August - where has this year gone!

Today I thought I'd share a card I made for a friend's son for his birthday.

The stamp and die set is Sweet Smiles by Lawn Fawn - I love their stuff, its cute and fun.

This set, comes with all these little face stamps that you can add to the Gumballs - clever.

I actually coloured the whole thing using an aquabrush and Distress Inks, its one of my fave methods of colouring. I love using Promarkers and used to feel a bit guilty if I didn't use them to colour, but I have realised that I really enjoy using different techniques and I shouldn't beat myself up about these things..

The 2 tone lettering came about because I ran out of the red letters..so I improvised and I am pretty pleased with it.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, what a super, fun card, love the colours!I'm so sorry to have been 'missing' lately,I've decided to write one post today and then I am taking a month off from blogging, I need to seriously recharge my batteries, so apologies in advance for not commenting much for the next month, I will be back, lots of hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great! The aquabrush gives you a different texture than the ProMakers would, I think it's a great technique to have in the arsenal. Great fun colors as well. Love this. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is really sweet Claire! what a fab image and your colouring is really beautiful !! this is such a happy card :-)
    I like to mix things up and use different colouring techniques… I get bored so easily… variety is the spice of life after all ! ;-)
    Hope you're having a good weekend
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx