Friday, August 14, 2015

Leaving on a jet plane...



Hey,

Happy Friday

So I am off to London tonight for 10 days.

All of my posts will be scheduled for next week, as work is going to be super hectic..

My card today was made for a friend's birthday, she has a love of polka dots, so I always try and incorporate them into her birthday cards.

I created the background by using distress ink (Picked Raspberry) through a stencil and then spritzing it with water before quickly drying it. I love this technique, you get such different results, depending on the stencil and the colours you use.

The flower dies are new and I bought them on sale at SSS - I have been coveting them forever..I did not buy the stamps that coordinate, instead I used a different SSS stamp set which I think worked out well.

I die cut all the flower elements from white cardstock and then used distress stains to colour them.

Final touch was the sentiment - my fave Neat and Tangled everyday label stamps. So versatile.

Have a great weekend, I will be with my parents mostly - sweet.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Ooh this is really beautiful Claire… what a fab flower!!! and the background is SO gorgeous! :-)
    thanks for all your lovely comments too! look forward to your surprise in the mail !
    Hope you have a nice day!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, the little jet setting crafter! I hope you have a wonderful time in London again and enjoy the time with your family! We'll talk soon. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Claire, such lovely whimsical flowers and great background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx