Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Papercrafters Corner..Magazine Challenge #152...

Hey,

Recently whilst I was bumbling around blogs I stumbled across Papercrafters Corner - a great resource and they have an awesome challenge.

They give you a magazine cover as inspiration, you can pull out any of the elements for your project.

Here is the magazine cover for the current challenge #152 -


I love it and immediately thought it would make an awesome art journal spread.

So many of the elements inspired my spread..some are obvious, vintage lady, car, birds, map. I also used the colours from the background and the car to inspire my colour backdrop.

The grid in the car inspired me to stencil a grid here and there.

The map was the basis for my 16 scalloped rectangles, which if you look closely are the US states ;)

Just below the lady in the inspiration image there is a small piece of text, so I added some random text to my spread, you can also see subtle references to 1921 throughout my spread.

Finally I used the signpost as the main inspiration for my spread, I used the New York reference throughout and interpreted the signpost as arrows - all over.

This was such a fun spread to create, I can't wait for next week's inspiration cover.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. A brilliant creation from that fab image. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job and welcome to Paper Crafter's Corner challenges!! Congratulations on your first win!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx