Sunday, July 31, 2016

Queen of the entire freakin' universe..

Hey,

Happy Sunday.

I wanted to show you a card I made as part of The Daily Marker 30 days of colouring.

It did double duty and got entered into the UnityStampCo 'Show&Tell' Challenge on Facebook, this week we had to use a stamp from their itty bitty collection..

I love this stamp, I bought it because the sentiment makes me laugh and the actual image reminds me of a work colleague, so the card is actually with me in London, because I am giving it to her tomorrow;)

I stamped the lady onto a piece of white mixed media card and then created a mask for her, so I could stencil over the top, I wanted the stenciling to show through the gaps between her arms and body.

I used Distress Inks and mini daubers - Mustard Seed is the darker colour and Squeezed Lemonade is is the lighter colour.

The lady I coloured with Promarkers and I am super pleased with her shirt, I opted for highlights and not fully coloured in.

I die-cut the whole image using a MFT stitched rounded rectangle die (love these).

So simple, I really need to highlight a single image with a sunburst more often!

Cx



3 comments:

  1. How did you know this was me? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *reads title* Yes, Claire, you are! Freakin' Awesome card! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's talk about how creating a mask for an image that ornate is not 'so simple' you crazy lady! This looks amazing, I love that the starburst goes all the way through here and the colors are so wonderful and retro x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx