Saturday, August 1, 2015

Happy 60th Birthday Momma Bear...


Hey,

So today my Ma is 60!!

Sad that I can't be with her to celebrate, but glad that I got to spend oodles of time with her when I was home in July. More to come later this month..

My Ma is a very special person. She is one of my best friends, as well as my Ma. She is the BEST person to go to for advice and she is an absolute hoot.

Ma and I in NYC watching the Superbowl 2007
The fact that she can also drink any living human being under the table, whilst remaining reasonably sober is quite something!

Ma and I looking crazy on the Ferry NYC 2007
Ma is one of the main reasons that I am who I am, she is such a talented clever person, she shared so much of that with me and many of my likes, hobbies and dislikes are because of her tutelage.

Ma + Hubby on our Wedding Day
One of the things from my childhood that has informed my love of travel is that Ma used to take me on random train outings to all different places on the South Coast of England. We had some really fun times and when I was home in July, we were reminiscing about some of them.

Ma and I on my Wedding Day
I miss the weekend outings I used to do as an adult (shopping + food) with Ma, but with modern technology we 'see' each other every week and so it doesn't feel quite so bad.

Ma and I in Devon 2010..she doesn't look very happy LOL
Ma was one of the main supporters of us moving to NYC..no matter how hard it was for her personally, she put that to one side and helped us move (by packing, giving us money, shouting at us, etc).

Ma + Hubby + Me in Atlantic City 2015
Essentially she is and will always be 'Lion' as Jamaicans say.

Love you Momma Bear, have a superb 60th Birthday.

Cx




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Claire, Mums are so special and yours sounds amazing, Happy Birthday to her! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww your Mum sounds a very warm and wonderful person Claire! and fun to be with too! I can tell you are proud of her and bet she is proud of you too!! ;-)
    I used to go on lots of train outings with my mum and dad too…. so glad that I did this while I was fit and able… it's nice to look back on those wonderful memories! :-)
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx