Monday, October 26, 2020

Fancy Cocktail Cards...

 


Hey, 

Happy Monday.

Hope you had a great weekend?

Mine was exercise/sport fuelled - my new spin bike arrived last week, so I could use it all weekend and I did and it was great. Also, standard NFL Sunday in my house (10hrs of solid football) and it was a Grand Prix weekend, so Clint Catwood and I were up early to watch Lewis Hamilton make history.

I love Tim Holtz blueprint stamps and quite a while ago, we used the great Cocktail blueprints in a class with Cheiron. I am notoriously mean when it comes to buying things brand new and full price.. So I have never owned these, until a few weeks ago when I found them on super-bargain sale - whoop!

The fact is, I have SO many crafty goodies that I made a pact with myself to curb my spending there can only be sale goodies coming in UNLESS the thing is a limited edition (like the Tim Holtz SSS Stamptember cats!).

Anyway, I decided to put the new stamps to good use and make a set of cards for a friend as a gift. I thought they would look amazing heat embossed over fun backgrounds. And as I always have backgrounds on hand, I pulled out x4 that I thought suited the stamps. 

From top left and clockwise here are the techniques used for the backgrounds - distress oxide smooshing, stencil lift (I used the stencil with distress ink for another background, when done, spray the side of the stencil that is facing you, with water and then lay down on a piece of paper), gloss spray through a stencil, distress oxide smooshing.

Fun right! My friend loved them and I have made another set since. I can see a default, easy gift coming on here.

Cx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx