Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Christmas Card 2018: Ugly sweater time..


Hey,

I am back FINALLY from my trip to London and Porto!

It was a fun 10 days, but it is seriously nice to be home.

I am continuing to show you some of the Christmas Cards I made this year.

I love making ugly sweater cards - and I have an ancient Simon Says Stamp set that I use every year. Last year in a sale I bought another similar set by Amuse Studio, because I liked the sentiments.

So this year to switch it up, I decided to die-cut the 'sweaters' out of some traditional Christmas papers that reminded me of ugly sweaters.


As you can see I then stamped over them with the sweater stamp from the Amuse set.

I kept the cards really simple, just a die-cut stitched rectangle background in either red or kraft and then I stamped a mixture of sentiments from both sets.

I mounted the sweaters onto the cards using foam tape.

I made tons and tons of these, as they were so quick to do, as I die-cut the sweaters in batches, as with a Big Shot you can die-cut at least 5 sheets of thin paper at once, if you use a metal shim. And I used x3 stamping platforms and set-up the sentiments so I could just make in bulk.

Tools have come a long way since I first started crafting..

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx