Friday, July 20, 2018

ICAD 2018...A little update..


Hey,

Happy Friday!

If you are following me on Instagram, then you know for the second year I am playing along with ICAD (Index Card A Day).

Thanks to Tammy at Daisy Yellow for organising, you can learn more here and play along too.. it's never too late.

My friend Lauren introducing me and her cards are always so stunning and creative, as is all of her work (she's one of my multiple craft crushes, stalk them enough and they become friends LOL)

I loved it SO much last year and I finally got around to making the cards into an album and sending to my Aunt. She loved it BTW.

I learnt a few lessons last year that I have applied to this year's cards - I have not backed them onto each other, so each of the 61 days will be individual cards. I have tried to keep the bulkiness to a minimum..no mean feat.

I also bought a cute 4x6 album to store them in, more about that in a different post.

Today I wanted to show you a few of the cards I have made so far as we are now on Day 50!

They are all so different and as I am predominantly a cardmaker, I think you can see this is my cards.

Day 5 - Prompt - Queue / Line - Using fun stamps to create a line and adding other elements to tie it all togeher

Day 14 - Prompt - Flamingo - love a Flamingo stamp, I added tons of layers with scraps here, and dedicated it to the Queen of layers Lauren!

Day 21 - Prompt - Treasure - I felt that a sea of scrap papers, with a mermaid, sequins, glittery stars and sparkly dots was the perfect way to show 'Treasure'

Day 23 - Prompt - Castle - I grew up near Elephant & Castle..Get it? I loved layering random elements to create this card, especially happy with the use of fabric on my card!

Day 34 - Prompt - Picnic - I mean for July 4th, it had to be Americana? I aged the photo that I found in a book, added the date too. I also coloured a brown doily blue, using a marker.

Day 36 - Prompt - Pretzel - Literally I love Pretzels more than any other snack, I have a Pretzel charm on my bracelet, that Hubby gave me for my 40th..but only one prezel stamp..hmmm.
The main photo is of Day 46 - I love this one the most I think, partly because I was so thrown by 'tie-dye' as a prompt, then I got a new stencil by Andy Skinner (you get the positive and the negative) and it gave me an idea and I love how it came out.

I love that ICAD gives me a focus for nightly playtime at my desk and I don't have to buy things to play along, I can really dig deep in my stash and that's awesome.

Tomorrow is Hubby's birthday and we are starting tonight with drinks and tomorrow I am taking him to lunch and on a mystery outing..

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx