Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Watercolours + Embellishments..



Hey!

This is a scheduled post as I am in Richmond, VA for a work meeting. I hope I get to see a little bit of Richmond, it is supposed to be nice.

I made these cards a couple of months ago. I bought the weird flower embellishment things at Michael's in Chicago when we were there for Dana and Jim's wedding.

I chose to watercolour the background in colours that matched the button on flower. On the main photo, I thought a red sentiment would be fun. I love how this card turned out.

The next card uses yellow and orange tones. I especially like the colour of the Happy die cut.

Watercolour + Embellishment
 One of the things I like about these cards is the rough edges of the watercolours and I love the weird embellishments - especially the big stack on the green cards. Top tip - always by the weird stuff on sale...I might even make some of my own out of felt.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! these are gorgeous Claire! what fab designs… I love the colours and the flower embellishments are really cool. I have a huge stack of felt here, never used… might have to get it out and get creative!
    Hope you are enjoying Richmond! :-)
    Have a nice day
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still all behind with my commenting - love these cards and especially the colours and the flowers, hope you got to see something of Richmond! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire,
    popped over from Carole's blog as she suggested.
    2 wonderful cards.
    Very modern and trendy designs.
    Great colour schemes too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you're moving into the art world here, it's definitely fun. Love the big happy die.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx