Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!!


Hey!

Well today is my birthday, I have had a fab weekend so far and a great morning of skyping and present opening.

I opened presents with JT yesterday and she mentioned that I might like Freshly Made Sketches this week -

She was right of course and you can go to her blog to see her take on it.

My shiny new Tim Holz tag die turned up yesterday, so I used that with some grey cardstock and embossed it using my new notepaper embossing folder - a birthday gift from JT.

I wanted to stamp my sentiment as the border on the left. To keep every thing even I scored a line, so I could ensure my stamping wasn't all over the place. The scored line also added a bit of dimension to the background.

The butterfly is by Grace Taylor and is left over from a very old project.

Final touch was the pale blue thank you ribbon - finishes it off very nicely.

I'm glad JT pointed me in the direction of the sketch, it was a really simple make and I like the stamped sentiment border - more of that methinks!

Well, I am off to Red Lobster for my bday lunch - yes I know I live in NYC and I could go anywhere to eat..but I'm English and we just don't have anything even remotely similar to Red Lobster back home, so I'm making the most of it!

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Have a fab fab fab day my friend, sounds like you're having a brilliant weekend! Love your card xx hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is gorgeous Claire! I love your new tag die! it looks so pretty with the butterfly and ribbon… fab sentiment ribbon too!
    Glad you're having a wonderful Birthday hun! hope you enjoyed your lunch at Red Lobster! :-)
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and I hope you enjoyed Red Lobster - I go just for those biscuits! That lovely butterfly is just perfect on the simple green tag. I love how you did the sentiment (I did it the same way!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! And what better way to use birthday crafty-stuff than make a fabulous card! Love this gorgeous butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx