Tuesday, September 23, 2014

NBUS Part 2....


Hey,

Hubby and I had a great night last night, a very good friend was in town. We had a really fun dinner with him and he will be at my birthday celebrations on Friday night - YAY!

So what am I sharing today? Well that wonderfully talented rockstar crafter and blogland queen Darnell hit 600 followers and promptly issued a NBUS (never before used schtuff) challenge.

I loved the first one and this one is just as fun. Pop on over and join in and grab a badge - I know you've got NBUS somewhere and if you haven't - meh call yourself a crafter?!

Anyway..alongside your NBUS there is also the option to add a few extra things in to the mix -

Christmas.
Make two cards using the same stamp.
Both of the above.
None of the above.

I liked all of it very much. So I did it all.

For Christmas I used a new freebie Christmas stamp from the UK 3) new freebie Merry Christmas embossing folder from the UK. The stamp was coloured with Promarkers and as an added bonus I embossed the sentiment (both times) onto a scrap of paper.

The NBUS is plentiful on this card - 1) new origami paper from JT 2) the free Christmas stamp 3) the new Christmas embossing folder. AMAZING hardly any US items..my purchasing needs to have a rest..

Here is the second card - using the same stamp -

NBUS no.2 in red
I used red paper instead of blue and changed the colour of the ribbons.

I really don't think I would have used these stamps - inspired by the challenge.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Ha so you've let the cat out of the bag...it's your birthday this week huh?! Love the cards in both colours and what a cute freebie stamp...fab colouring....oh and yes I have the flamingoes! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fun, Clair!! I am looking you up next time I'm in NYC! Thank you for your kind words and your promotion of my second NBUS Challenge! (I LOVED your snarky "meh" comment, lol!) That is the sweetest image; I can't believe it was FREE! You've showcased it so marvelously on both cards! Gotta love a polka dot background!! Thanks again!! (You've got me so intrigued on what's heading my way!!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the typo, ClairE! Darn ginfers!!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx