Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WOYWW #274...sick as a dog...



Meh..I am a bad patient. I have had a rotten cold, that has turned into a chest infection..so I am moaning and blah.

Anyway onto happier things - WOYWW..yep one whole entire week has passed and it is time to join Julia and the gang over at Julia's blog Stamping Ground for the weekly desk nose.

So my desk is quiet after an action packed weekend of crafting..there was supposed to be sewing done, but I realised I was missing the right coloured threads. On my desk you can see, my most fave thing - my notebook..if I lose him I will literally die, new stamps, stencils and embossing folders that were on sale and are mini and perfect for OWH. T-rule..I love this newish addition to my kit, cards for posting, a distress ink blending tool that should have been put away, a try out of new sparkle embossing powder - more practice needed and ME!

Here is a pic of what I should have been sewing..Ma bought me x2 new tops, but because of my large boobies, they didn't fit, so cue modify / enlarge mode - cut out x3 panels (sides and back) and insert contrasting lace..

Refashioned top
Just need the right colour thread now.

To finish up this week here is a Thank you card, made for the Mr & Mrs at the second wedding. The lettering is a Tim Holtz Sizzix die and all the papers are scraps - yay me!

Wedding Thanks
Their colours were red, white and black and I love that giant red pearl!

Happy WOYWW everyone see you in the comment zone later :)

Cx

10 comments:

  1. Awww, I hope you feel better soon!
    I've linked in for the first time and I'm noseying around other people's desks....
    I like the colour of that top! (I recognise the problem... I got big boobies too!)
    Happy WOYWW!
    Lisca #61

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Glad you found some good bargains! Happy WOYWW! ~ Laura #53

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post travel colds are the worst!!! I blame the airlines. I love how your altering the tops; I keep hoping I win the lottery so i can hire a tailor to adjust my whole wardrobe! (I break out in hives threading a needle; my sewing mother is so disappointed) I'm in awe of the tidiness of your desk; have a great week and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon! So sorry you are not feeling well. I like your tags on the photo of your desk. I would like to know how to do that. So much, I can't do with my Blog, because I can't figure it out. LOL You are doing amazing things to that top! TFS #37

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I really sympathise - a chest infection is no fun - been there and had it and moaned ... get well soon. Thanks for sharing your workspace today. Hazel, WOYWW, #34 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Claire, aw big hug for get well soon XX Love how you are altering your tops...I love craft sewing but anything to do with clothes I'm rubbish at...yet again I had no time for WOYWW :( XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not good when you are feeling poorly at least you can get on the net and travel. I love the top you are altering and that lace insert is really lovely. Thanks for sharing and get well soon.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 49
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, I hope you are feeling much better now. Your tops will be unique, those inserts are so pretty!
    The t rule looks interesting.

    Happy belated WOYWW.

    Cazzy x #39

    ReplyDelete
  9. That top and the card look great. I hope you shake off the infection to be able to enjoy the weekend. Hugs, Chris # 29

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claire! I hadn't had a chance to visit you last week so I am here now... a week later (but there's no new woyww-post from you yet, so I comment on this one) I hope you feel better by now?! I love the way you alter that top, using lace. Great idea! Happy creating and happy woyww! Marit (#53 on September 10)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx