Monday, September 15, 2014

SSS Make your own background...

Hi,

Hope you had a great weekend.

The last few posts have all been challenge entries - my challenge mojo has returned, which is great as I do love a challenge :)

This week over at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge we are being asked to create your own background - fun!



I decided to employ one of my fave new techniques 'smooshing' - yep, it's not a word, not even sure it's a thing, but it's the only way I can describe it!

First I put some Ranger distress inks on my craft sheet - Dusty Concord and Festive Berries, then spritzed them with water. I took my cut to size piece of watercolour card and 'smooshed' it through the ink until I was happy with the coverage. Then I dried it with my heat tool.

Next step was stamping over the background using my new Papermania urban collage stamps. I used Hero Arts Neon Purple ink, so it is only slightly visible. Here is a close-up -

Close-up of the stamping.
In the bottom left I added some sparkle embossing powder to the wet ink and dried it. Finally I stamped a large hello by WPlus9 and then added the Papermania pinwheel.

My card really feels like the spirit of Stamptember. I am so super happy with it, it was such fun to make and I love the variation in colour I got with my background..need to smoosh more!

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Claire, love the colour of your smooshed background...now I use this word too for this technique and am pretty sure I either got it from Tim H or Hels Sheridan, who may in turn have got it from him, lol...looks fab anyway :) hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha glad I am not alone with the word smoosh - I knew I had heard it somewhere - hopefully TH, then I am a true professional :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Wow! this is SO pretty Claire… that's a wonderful background that you've created and I LOVE the rosette! :-)
    Hope you have a good day!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very pretty :) Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx