Saturday, September 13, 2014

Patchwork Owl....


Hi,

This weekend should be fun. It will be my first one back in the gym since the broken foot (teeny bit nervous). We also have really good friends in town and we are off to brunch with a friend who has recently become a neighbour. Action packed..

I am also hoping to find time at my desk for some craft therapy, this week has been LONG..

I started my therapy last night by making a card for Freshly Made Sketches #153 -
I was inspired by JT's take on the sketch. I had originally planned to do her combo with CDT, but changed my mind.

The stamp is a freebie from a magazine when I was home in August, JT loves Owls and so when I saw the stamp, it seemed perfect for the challenge as she was my inspiration. I coloured him with Promarkers - love the patchwork, so sweet. I added some papers from the DCWV Latte stack, some Papermania sparkly purple ribbons and some bling. Final touch was the simple sentiment by Hero Arts stamped in purple.

Very pleased with the result of my mini therapy session. This one is for you JT. you see craft buddies are amazing..even long distance :)

Cx

5 comments:

  1. I think we are both seeing owls this week - 8 of them for me on my craft group in the week! But I think we all love owls on cards Love yours, great colours! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Fab image.

    Have a good weekend.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is SO sweet Claire… such a cute owl and you've coloured him beautifully! my favourite DCWV paper too… and the ribbon and gems are a lovely finishing touch… just perfect!
    Hope the Gym went ok... have a lovely Sunday!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this card and color combo! I can't wait to see it in real life xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That owl is so adorable, and so perfectly colored! I love it with the striped DSP. Great card, Claire. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx