Wednesday, February 5, 2020

The Paper Players: Love you pig time..


Hey,

This weekend I had fun creating Valentine's cards for a few of my girlfriends.

I saw the Paper Players challenge this week and thought my card(s) would be perfect.


I love making Valentine's cards and if I wasn't leaving for London on Friday, I would have made more than 8 of them!

I bought the cute little Pig set last year in the post Valentine's Michael's sale and this is the first time he has been inked (I wanted to write oinked..) up.

I stamped, coloured and cut 6 of the Pigs and the coordinating sentiment, which had it's own die - WIN. I dug out some random small square card blanks and used that as a template for which size heart die I would use.

The heart die is pretty new, I bought it at the end of December when I was in London, I just loved all the details - stitched, scalloped and dotted - swoon.

I wanted these cards to be super quick makes and so I grabbed an ancient 4x4 paper pad and just choose 6 papers I liked!

They came together so easily and I love how silly they are!


I think Valentine's Day is silly, love is a 365 day a year thing and we shouldn't celebrate our love for our partners, friends, family on just one day, we should remember that life is very short and we should celebrate love every day. It sounds silly, but I tell my Hubby every single day that I love him, even when I want to murder him.
All of this said, I still love the card making part of Valentine's Day - silly, overblown declarations of love and that is partly why I love being a card maker, for the silly moments in life.

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Claire! Your little Pig Valentines are adorable! I am smiling! All the different hearts are fo fun! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - these little piggies are just adorable! Love the Kraft card bases with the pinks and reds! Thanks for sharing it with us over at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the Valentine's Day holiday but I do have fun making V cards for my grands (who are getting older but that's okay) and, like you, my girl friends. I adore your cute piggy and staging him against the big heart is perfect! Your friends will love their cards! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I can't imagine that you EVER want to murder your DH!!! But I do know what you mean about love being a all-year-lng thing! These little Valentines are perfect for any day, right?! LOVE that shimmery paper and of course, the little piggies are adorable! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx