Thursday, October 3, 2019

Christmas Cards 2019: A mix..



Hey,

Welcome to October!!

My Christmas card making is actually complete - WHOOOP!! I just have special cards to make now (parents, hubby, etc).

So I'm showing you cards that have been made for over 4 weeks!

The main photo actually shows a batch of cards I made during a playdate with JT.

The top row uses a Pink Fresh Studio set 'December Days' and I found all the stamps you see on the cards ready to go (coloured and die-cut) in the stamp pocket - WIN! So I decided to see if I could get x3 cards out of what I had. Worked out pretty well I think.
The second row uses the great 'Party like Santa's not watching' stamp that I bought for JT and I at Michaels for $1 - YES!! 
The card on the left with the Monster was a challenge from JT to make a Christmas card on the playdate that combined non-Christmas items with a Christmas one to make a card. 
Of course, I defaulted to using a Monster stamp! I love the Your Next Stamp Silly Monsters and this stamp is from the 'Silly Rockstar Monsters' set.

A great batch of cards in a 2hr gossip, drink, gossip session.

The cards below were a CASE of a great idea I saw on the Avery Elle instagram page, so I immediately bought the stamp 'Holiday Skates'.


These cards took a LOT of prep / work, but they are SO worth it.

I was originally going to blend the backgrounds, but then when I realised I needed x4 leaves, x2 candy canes, x2 skates and x2 berries for each card, I was like NOPE. So I die-cut a circle out of blue paper and used glitter snow paste through a stencil to create the background.

Love this little batch of cards and you can see that making in batches means I get them done quicker. This year I started as planned on 1st August and I was done by the 5th September - 110 cards in 5 weeks, pretty impressed with myself.

Cx

1 comment:

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx