Saturday, October 5, 2019

CASology 353: Feathers...


Hey,

Happy Saturday to you!

Hubby and I got approved for our Green Cards yesterday!! Can't believe it, after all this time and paperwork, needless to say I feel slightly jaded today..

Today I wanted to play along with the current CASology challenge -


I have a few feather stamps, but I thought I'd add a little twist and use the fabulous 'Mardi Gras' set by Avery Elle (sadly, no longer in stock).

I started by die-cutting the black panel using a stitched rectangle die.

Then I stamped the mask from the set (using Versamark embossing ink), slightly off of the edge of the panel and then heat embossed it using my all-time fave embossing powder Liquid Platinum by Ranger.

I stamped the feathers from the set onto a piece of red card and again heat embossed them using the same powder and then die-cut them out.

After much rearranging of the position, I FINALLY settled on a place for the sentiment and used the same methods as above to heat emboss it.

I affixed the entire panel to a black card blank. Then I arranged the 3 feathers and added them to the corner of the mask.

It felt like it was missing something, so I added a super shimmery Neat & Tangled gold enamel dot.

CAS can be 'black' space too ;)

Cx

p.s Happy World Cardmaking Day!!!

3 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous. Especially on the black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your green card!! Love this wonderful card. Really unique design and placement of your stamped images. Black is a wonderful backdrop and adds a note of elegance. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again on the Green Cards - so exciting! Love the drama of this card - that EP on the black is gorgeous and the red feathers are the perfect choice. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx