Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Retro Rubber Challenge #122.. Get Sketchy..


Hey,

Welcome to another awesome Retro Rubber challenge.

Last sketch of the year for you, created by me!


I love sketches, they always make me use my imagination!

Whilst this challenge is live, I will be in Mexico with my Hubby celebrating 15 years as a couple and 10 years as a married couple. I can't believe we have been together so long - it feels like just yesterday that I saw him across a crowded room and decided he was the one for me (true story).

I love the 'Hot Chick' set by Avery Elle, I have had it since 2017 and it always makes me smile, I use it a lot, as I have friends that like to workout too and it makes a great birthday card for them.

I stamped and coloured the Chick and then die-cut it out using a stitched circle die and used the next size up to die-cut the second backing circle.

I recently realised that I didn't have a good set of banner dies and so bought a set from Avery Elle and they are getting a lot of use.

The background paper is interesting, because it has flecks of white and grey in it, that haven't photographed so well. AND I have had the paper since approx 2011 and it moved to NYC with me from London and this is the penultimate piece.

Fun card, that I can add to my punny card set I am making for a friend.

Show us your interpretation of the sketch and pop over to Retro Rubber and get inspired by the things the DT have made.

Challenge ends November 1st.

Don't forget to tell us the age of your stamp, that is part of the fun of our challenge and please only enter 10 challenges including Retro Rubber.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. I have to say this is a super cute image, and the sketch sets it off perfectly! Great job Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First up, thanks for such a great sketch. As you know, it set me off making a couple of examples with it and it may yet see further use! Secondly, as soon as I saw it it made me think of your gym exploits - and that was before I read the words. Lastly, the words made me smile for two reasons: I like a pun and second 'Hot Chick' is the name of a chicken and chips takeaway at a local beach and their jingle popped straight into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Jan, love the sketch, it's very versatile and fun Claire.
    I love this adorable, hard at work, exercising chick, which fits just perfectly on your fab sketch.
    Now, congratulations to you and your hubby on your Anniversary, how awesome you guys are celebrating in some warm beach or beautiful town in Mexico.
    Have fun!!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chick is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy anniversary! Hope you're having a wonderful celebration, Claire! I loved being a GD for the last challenge & love your versatile sketch for this challenge! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx