Monday, September 5, 2016

Paste Congrats...


Hey,

Happy Labor Day!

I am in Mexico with Hubby this week, so my posts are scheduled.

I like holiday post time, because I get to show you things that have been languishing on my camera for a while LOL.

Today's card hasn't been hanging around too long.

I need a congratulations card for a colleague and I wanted to make something a bit different for her.

I used my new fave Dutch Doobadoo Fan stencil with some texture paste and once it was dry, I die-cut it to size using a stitched rectangle die.

The little border dies were cut using random scraps of paper and they are new because when I was last heading home JT asked me if I needed anything as she was doing a Craft Superstore order..I didn't 'need' anything but these awesome dies were on sale... She kindly bought them for me as a gift, but she was a bit ambivalent about them..

I really like them and thought the 3 I chose to use here worked really well, I secured them to the paste panel using mini staples.

I thought I had a couple of congrats dies to choose from, turns out I totally do not, I only have the one you see, which is nice, but was not what was in my head (cue purchase of new die). This one is part of a Simon Says Stamp set that I love  (don't think they sell it anymore), but I was thinking of a chunkier die here.

Anyway, I love the end result, leaving the paste as it is makes everything else pop and the random mix of colours and patterns in the border dies is fun.

Cx


1 comment:

  1. I wish I hadn't been so ambivalent, they look great. The texture paste came out really well, it scares me a bit but you've nailed it here x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx