Saturday, June 8, 2019

As You Like It: I'll be brief..


Hey,

Happy Saturday!

So.. I am back in the gym today after a 2-week pause because I broke my foot. I am more mobile now and off to craft class at The Inkpad NYC tonight..

To cheer myself up, I thought I'd play with some challenges and I came across the current As You Like It challenge.

The theme this time is to show a project using your fave stamp company and you have to explain why.

NOT easy at all. I love SO many companies LOL.

I love Lil Inker Designs - they are a small company and they make really great stamps, dies and papers.

I always fall in love with their new releases and Laura that owns Lil Inker is an absolute sweetheart - she tries really hard to help you if need something (aka me on a hunt for long retired dies..).

I chose to use the 'I'll be brief' set for this card as it always makes me smile and to be fair - who wouldn't smile at an Alligator in underpants!

I stamped one of the 'briefs' from the set to create a background and coloured them using Copic markers, I made a mistake with my choice of black ink, but it didn't smudge too much..

I added a little border strip to house the sentiment also from the sent and I stamped, coloured and die-cut the cute Alligator.

I love using this set, everyone I've ever sent one of these to always contacts me and asks me to make them a little batch.

That is one of the reasons I love Lil Inkers, the cards I make using their products are so well received and that always feels so nice.

Cx

p.s if you ever get a chance to get a Lil Inker grab box BUY ONE - they are such good VFM and check out their annual Black Friday blowout sale, it's ridiculous!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your favourite stamp brand with us at AYLI - great choice, and it's a fabulous make! Hope you will join us again soon. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of Lil' Inkers to, Claire. I love the set you have chosen to showcase, such a fun card! Thanks for sharing with us over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx