Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Double Craft Buddy Challenge....


Hi,

So for the last 4 weeks JT and I have been working on 2 challenges that we set each other. We finally managed to Skype and do the grand reveal on Sunday, so I can show them to you now. Get ready for an epic post!!

My main card today is from the first challenge from JT -

Challenge 2 from JT
I really struggled with this combo, I found the shades of purple surprisingly tricky and the sketch just threw me. I like the first card and it uses a stamp from the company that created the sketch (From The Heart Stamps). I am also pleased with the bubbles around the bathtub, as I coloured them with chalks and then glittered the edges. The second card I am a bit meh about! It doesn't really feel like a me card..

Challenge 2 - Flowers
The next challenge was much easier..stupidly I forgot to take a photo of the card that fits the crazy punches, so will do that when I return from the UK.

Challenge 3 from JT
I love working with Apetures and so the first card was really fun for me...

Here are my many takes on it.

Challenge 3 - Heart
This was the first card I made and I cut the aperture by hand... I used American Crafts card blank, spotty ribbon and chevron paper. Flower and button by Papermania. Sentiment by Heidi Swapp.

Challenge 3 - Seahorse
I love this card the seagull paper by Pink Petticoat made me smile, the seahorse is a Recollections stamp and was a gift from JT - I coloured it using gelatos, Aqua Promarkers and a aqua brush, he got a little bit of glitter added to him too! The aperture was cut using new Sizzix nesting circle dies, which I also used to create the circle frame. The sentiment is by Hero Arts and I added some pearls.

Challenge 3 - Heart
I decided to make my own supersized card blank for this one, because I really wanted to use the xCut nesting die..I rarely use them, as I think they are a bit fussy. I think I am going to add an Anniversary sentiment here. The papers are by American Crafts, the heart is from my punched stash (Woodware) and the heart bling was a gift from JT.

The final card will be a bit of a surprise for JT, if she reads this before I arrive and it's one of my faves..of course as it is for JT it features a Crab!

Challenge 3 - Crab!
The stamp is from the same set as the seahorse and I coloured it using gelatos and an aquabrush, then outlined it with a neon Promarker that was a gift from Ma. The paper is little shells by Pink Petticoat and the sentiment is from a random set of rub-ons. I smushed (a technical term) some glitter glue around the circle frame, which I cut with the same dies as the seahorse card - just smaller..love nesting dies. I added some bling, as it is for JT after all!

All in all a fun remote challenge..the 3rd one worked out better for me :)

Off to London tonight to see the family, the wife and a playdate! - super excited..I'll be attempting to blog...but we'll see...

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy! All these cards are fabulous, love the chicken in the bath! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx