Friday, January 8, 2021

Stamping over a background..

 

Hey,

Happy Friday!

Well, I don't know about you, but I am glad that the first week of work is over and passed easily, now I get to enjoy the weekend.

I got this great Spellbinders stamp from Jenn Shurkus' destash last year. But as you can see it is quite big! So I decided I would stamp over some fun backgrounds.

Creating the backgrounds is simple. I used a zigzag background stamp I have, inked it up using distress oxide's and spritzed it with water, I laid my watercolour paper down on the stamp and then dried it and repeated the process until all the ink was gone. You only need to ink the stamp once.

As you can see when you stamp over it, the zigzags show through, but the majority of that is hidden once you colour in the stamp. I kept the colouring simple and used Copics for the bigger areas and Sakura Gellyroll Starburst gel pens for the smaller areas to add a bit of sparkle.

I ended up with a bunch of fun cards.

Have a great weekend, I will be watching NFL wildcard weekend, trying not to be too sad about the end of the NFL season.

Cx



No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx