Friday, November 13, 2020

Christmas Cards 2020: Scootin' by...

 


Hey,

Happy Friday!

Sorry I have been so AWOL!!

As I was recovering from the removal of my wisdom teeth and I was on vacation, I decided it was the perfect time to do the tedious Christmas card labeling.. UGH. 

This is an EPIC task, print the label for inside, print the address label, stamp the back of the card, stamp the envelopes with the return address, and airmail stamp. THEN finally write out the card and put it in the envelope, seal it, add the postage.

MEH.MEH.MEH.

As much as I LOVE sending my people Christmas cards, I take zero pleasure from making them and from the task of getting them ready to mail. Why do it I hear you ask? Because it is the season of goodwill and I'm a cardmaker. AND the number of lovely texts, emails, posts that the cards get is really nice, it's nice to send something small and make people happy.

Today's cards are some of the faves I made this year. The stamps are by Stampin' Up  - So Santa and I saw them on someone's Instagram and had to track them down! Does this happen to you too? Someone uses something older and I'm like WAIT WHAT!! I need that. LOL.

These cards were super simple, I stamped the Santa onto watercolour paper. I find if I want the cards to be quick, it's best to watercolour them. It meant I got to use some ancient Christmas papers (the spotty and striped ones), I have had them since I started cardmaking in 2008?! 

Now how about some irony?! This weekend, despite all my Christmas cards being finished I am doing the Jenn Shurkus Creative Retreat..where we are spending two days making x12 'holiday' cards. Yes I am nuts, but I love a Jenn Shurkus retreat.

Happy Weekend everyone.


Cx

1 comment:

  1. Love love LOVE these! They're so Bermuda! Now I'm going to have to track that set down!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx