Friday, January 20, 2017

Pineapples can wear glasses..


Hey,

Today's card is very bright and fun.

I made it for a friend's 40th and it made me smile, as she is a bright, fun kinda girl.

I decided that I would be making her a Pineapple with Glasses card, no idea why, I just did.

I embossed the pineapple parts (Concord &9th dies) using a great basketweave folder that was a gift from JT, handily when I went to get the glasses die, there were already a bunch of them die-cut and ready to go - in bright green?!

I used a pineapple embossing folder to liven up the background, I love this folder, it is by Paper Source and was a sale bargain and is NBUS, so it means I can join in with Darnell's latest NBUS Challenge..



I recently got a set of Ken Oliver Color Burst watercolour powders..my first few tests were not that impressive, but they make great frames! I die-cut this one using MFT scalloped stitched rectangle frame dies - I love these dies.

Final touch was the sentiment,  I used a Dymo handheld embossing label maker (dirt cheap and handy). I thought the look that you get with these embossed tapes suited the off the wall feel of the card.

I hope my friend likes it, it made me smile a lot.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. I love your card Claire, so bright and cheery and fun design : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card made me smile big, too, Claire! Your friend will get a kick out of your four-eyed pineapple! (Is that an expression that is used in the UK, "4-eyes?" It was a teasing old-timey expression for someone who wore glasses back in olden days. Now it's prolly not PC!) Anywhistle, I love how bright and fun it is and you are! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx