Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Retro Rubber #48..Lace, Ribbon or Twine..


Hey,

It's time for another superb challenge over at Retro Rubber

This time we want to see what you can do with Lace, Ribbon or Twine..use one or all..


I love paper twine, it is ANOTHER thing that I am addicted to LOL.

So it made total sense that I would use it on my card for this challenge.

I chose the Mama Elephant Potted Pretties (from early 2015) set for my card, because I love succulents and recent got a mini one for my desk (he is called Scott..).

I stamped, die-cut and coloured my chosen stamp from the set. I coloured the pot using a Cornflower Promarker because I knew that I had paper twine that would coordinate really well with it. I also happened to have a piece of scrap glittery paper that matched my colour scheme, so I used that to die-cut the congrats (the die is by Simon Says Stamp).

When I went to assemble all the elements, it all felt a bit flat, so I added a bit of Tumbled glass distress ink behind the succulent pot and it had the desired effect.

Finally happy, I wrapped the twine around the top of the card several times and tied a knot in it, because I suck at bows..

Link up and show us how you used lace, ribbon or twine, but first go over to Retro Rubber and view the great makes by my teammates.

Challenge ends on October 7th. Don't forget to use a stamp a year or older and tell us about it that's part of the fun.

Also, please limit your entries to 10 challenges including ours.

Cx

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful Claire, have a great day tomorrow, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Claire, this card is totally adorable. Adding the distressed ink behind your focal panel really did make the image pop! Now you have me curious about paper ribbon. I have not paid much attention to that fact about your preference... and will be watching for any bows, LOL.... Well done teammate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, the layering and use of color and texture is divine! I don't name my plants, I might feel sad when they are no longer around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh holy cow I love this card! It is so CAS which you know I adore! And I have some paper twine - that I have never used! Love these colors and speaking of colors - beautiful coloring! Enjoy papa bear - I am enjoying your sightseeing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love!!! The distress ink outlining your stamped image made it really pop. BRILLIANT!! Succulents are a great plant for you since you are such a world traveler. Scott needs to come and meet mine, Shukha. I think they'd really hit it off. Just sayin' And I have never even SEEN paper twine before so now I have to go check some out. Thanks (I think...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, I adore succulents but unfortunately I can't keep them, I always mess them up so the only way to enjoy this lovely little plants is on stamps. This little succulent pot is beautiful, love the colors and your coloring too. I'm also curious about paper ribbon, never seen it until now, so I might have to go and get me some even if I promised myself not to get any more ribbon, maybe just this once.
    Now, about bows.....I also didn't know how to tie them, I fumbled many times and ended up with something kind of wonky but I saw a video on Utube on how to tie a double and even a triple bow so I watched it and Voila!! easy peasy, my dear. Just Google "how to make a double or triple bow" and you'll get tons of info.
    Beautiful card, teammate.
    XO
    Maria.
    PS. I hope Scot lives a long, happy life on your desk. Debbie's suggestion sounds awesome to me. (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card--love the blue woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tumbled glass behind the pot is genius! Love your twine usage too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx