Friday, August 26, 2016

Constellations....


Hey,

Happy Friday.

I thought I would show you some fun things I made last weekend.

I had a fun time CASEing the wonderful cards that Debby Hughes made using the August Simon Says Stamp cardkit -


I ADORE Debby's work, she is so talented and I have learnt a lot watching her tutorials and reading her blog.

This cardkit threw me a bit, so having inspiration was helpful.

The technique to create the circular blue constellation pool looks like it would be complex, but it was infact very easy.

I punched a large circle out of a piece of scrap paper, I figured that this would help me decide where the blue circle should go and would help me stay circular when painting.

I pretty much followed Debby's instructions - heat emboss the stars in white onto my white panel, so they resist the blue watercolour. Like Debby I used Chipped Sapphire distress ink for the blue and I dug out an ancient silver watercolour pan to create the accents.

I kept drying and pooling more ink into the circle until I achieved the look I was happy with. Also because my silver watercolour is shimmery, the whole circle has a shimmer to it close-up - accidental bonus!

I don't have a white gel pen that I like :( so I used a white chalk marker to add little dots and I stamped stars in a Versafine Majestic Blue ink, so they were visible, but not leaping out at you.

I finished 3 of them in a similar way to Debby, by using a kraft background paper, twine and a star.



This one I finished differently -


I thought because of the heart constellation it would make a nice unusual Anniversary card and so I used a sentiment from Unity Stamp Co. and just rounded the corners of the white panel and the card blank - simple.

I love them all, they were so easy to make, yet look like oodles of time and effort went into them..more of these..

Have a great weekend, I will be packing..1 week until MEXICO!!!!

Cx

3 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous Claire. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, I love the step-by-step tutorial as that's really good to know. I thought it looked really hard but you're tempting me to try it...Love that stamp set I am very jealous of your makes here. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are AMAZING! Such a great effect! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx