Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Less is More: Love Your Face...


Hey,

Twofer post from me today...

I really like the current Less is More challenge -


I love typography, I think that has to do with the fact that I work in advertising / marketing. The creatives I work with do such awesome things with type.

I decided to use a fave technique of mine - freezer paper masking.

I die-cut the Lawn Fawn 'Scripty Love' die out of freezer paper - making sure that the shiny side would be face down.

Then I ironed it onto my cardstock - I know sounds weird, but it works - just put a cloth over the freezer paper and you won't scorch your cardstock.

Then I added a patch of watercolour over the top and dried it with a heat tool. The freezer paper then just lifts off to reveal the word  - like a resist.

Easy and fun. I added the 'your face' stamp - which I had to mask off, as it says 'Love Your Face'.

I die-cut the panel, affixed it to my card blank and added a teeny bit of bling to finish it all off.

Super simple and I have a recipient in mind.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully simple yet so nice. I could feel the emotion behind this card....I had never heard of this technique....thanks for the instructions...

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx