Monday, July 15, 2019

Add some foil..


Hey,

Happy Monday!

Hope you had a good weekend.

I am getting prepped and excited now, as Hubby and I leave for his 40th birthday trip to Ibiza and London on Thursday! WHOOP!!

Today I am showing you a good way to get the most out of a small sheet of Deco Foil.

I have a Deco Foil pen - love this, it's a great way to add foil to your projects without a foiling machine.

Basically, you use the pen to draw lines, dots, whatever you want, apply your foil and then run it through your die-cutting machine and then peel off the foil and it will have stuck to the parts that you drew with the pen. Fun and easy. Here is a tutorial.

The main card uses the panel that I really wanted to create with my foil sheet - a large striped panel. But that left SO much foil unused on the sheet, so I got a bunch of paper offcuts/shapes and added Deco pen dots to them to create all these backgrounds -

Sorry about the glare, really hard to photograph foil!

Fun way to get a bunch of fun foiled backgrounds and minimise waste.

I have created one other card using the foiled backgrounds - 


Fun way to add some added interest and shimmer to my projects.

Here's a list of what I used for each card.
Wildflowers card:
Ellen Hutson - Mondo Wildflowers stamps and dies
Sentiments - Ellen Hutson Mondo Sakura

Party Fox card:
Avery Elle - Party Fox stamps and dies
Sentiment banner die by Lil Inker Designs

Both cards were coloured using Copic Sketch Markers.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Claire that foil looks so elegant. Wonderful floral stamp. Have a fun birthday celebration....mine is coming up too, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...I'm past 40....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa :) So am I, it is Hubby who is turning 40. xx

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx