Friday, March 18, 2016

Simon Says...Lucky Stars....


Happy Friday.

I am super excited about today as I have class tonight at The Inkpad, being taught by the lovely Cheiron..it's a mixed media card class, I like these ones alot, they are fun and it will be great to see all the regular ladies.

As I am off to class with Cheiron tonight I thought it would be nice to play along with the Simon Says Monday challenge - she is part of the DT.

I love SSS Monday challenges, because they push my mixed media abilities.

I had actually already made my card when I went to look at the challenge! Imagine my surprise when the challenge turned out to be - Use Some Lucky Stars..

I made my card using a new stencil and stamp set by Dina Wakely that I got at Michaels -


I stenciled the background using Distress Inks, spritzed them, dried it and cut the panel to size.

I then stamped three of the scribbly women onto the panel and added some of the words from the set.

I added stars in random places.

I can't decide if it should be a belated International Women's Day card or a thank you!

I like it a lot though!

Have a great weekend.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours you've used, so striking. I think it'd make a great boost card to send to a friend who is having a rough time. Have a great weekend and enjoy your class, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lucky you are Claire! If you see this in time, tell Cheiron Maura says hi! I love how you chose a lot of the elements I often see in Cheiron's work, with the bold women and brave words. Thanks so much for joining in the Monday challenge fun at Simon Says Stamp where we are all about lucky stars!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx