Monday, March 14, 2016

Cake and quilts...


Hey,

Hope you all had a great weekend.

I thought today I would share a card I made using some of my colouring from The Daily Marker colouring challenge last month.

It's been a 'let's eat cake' kind of weekend..we went to afternoon tea at a friend's house to meet her new Daughter - who is GORGEOUS!!

I managed to FINALLY finish her baby quilt -


I choose the Parisian Pooch fabric, because my friend and her Husband are big fans of Paris and I like all the baby quilts to have a touch of the parents incorporated.

Finishing this quilt gave me a new found love for my amazing sewing machine and it's super fast speed - meaning I got this bad boy done in under 3hrs...

This was an adventure for me, as I used flannel for the first time, it's a beast to sew, but gives superb results..

Back to my card :) The stamp is a freebie from a UK magazine, I love it, so pretty and versatile. I die-cut it using my new Gina Marie stitched scallop dies and the sentiment is by Simon Says Stamp and Hero Arts for Stamptember 2014. The best bit for me is the ancient paper from a dodgy craft expo that JT and I attended way back in 2012, it came in a huge pack and I am still working my way through it.

I am happy with the finished card and the baby quilt..

Cx



No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx