Thursday, September 24, 2015

Mixed Media Thanks...

Hey,

I gave a sneaky preview of these on Instagram..

I think that FINALLY I have something that fits in with The Mixed Media Card Challenge... I always seem to be a bit out of sync...



This month the theme is Friends..I love sending Thank You's to my friends for all manner of things - it's not all about gifts..sometimes its just because they had my back.

I hope that it's ok to enter them as a 'set'...

The lovely Cheiron is a gift that keeps giving.. and I was inspired by the techniques I have learnt from her this year.

Smooshing paper into spritzed distress ink, gives you amazing results, but it does terrify me because it is so random!

These came out so well - I can't actually believe that I made them LOL..they feel like little works of art.

So that I don't bore you with the myriad of things, etc that I used here is a very brief step by step of what I did.

- choose inks that go together, dab onto craft sheet, spritz with water, then smoosh your paper into the ink.
- pick up colour in random spots (card 8 bottom right) to add variety.
- ink and spritz stencils and lay on the inked paper (cards 1, 8 and 9)
- heat dry and then add stamps and ink splatter for variety
- add sentiment - I used Tim Holtz dies and used the die-cut pieces in a variety of ways.

Yay!

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Super fun batch of awesome creations! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors!! I have always loved sending thank you cards to friends. Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors!! I have always loved sending thank you cards to friends. Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your thank you cards!! gorgeous work! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty batch of cards. Thanks for joining us at MMCC

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx