Thursday, January 26, 2017

CASology: Glisten..



Hey,

This week's cue card over at CASology is an interesting one...


I bet Glisten means a lot of different things to everyone!

I have this amazing glittery paperstack by DCWV that I have had for years, I use it very sparingly. It is so glittery that to me it glistens. Whenever I use it, people say that it looks like I went over it with glossy accents.

So for my card today, I dug out a small bronze piece to use. I have been making lots of thank you cards whilst I have been off, to thank people for all the kind things they have done for me following my surgery.

I decided to use a Docrafts stamp at the top of my white panel and I stamped it in gold and heat embossed it with Ranger Gold Sparkle embossing powder, to add a little extra glisten.

Here is a close-up -


Final touch was a couple of pieces of co-ordinating bling.

I really liked using the top 1/3 of my 'space' felt very CAS and was something I don't do that often, I am totally a middle, bottom or bottom right kinda girl - I wonder why that is?

Cx


4 comments:

  1. Oooh that is fabulously sparkly and I love the tiny hexagons across the top! I'm with you - I don't often do top of card designs unless I'm directed there by a sketch. So set in my ways...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, this is gorgeous! I have the same glitter paper from DCWV and I use is sparingly, too! The stamp at the top is perfectly embossed, love that sparkle! This is a perfectly CAS thank you card with lots of sparkle and interest...and gorgeous white space! Love this! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I spelled your name wrong, Claire!

      Delete
  3. Claire this is a beautiful CAS design! Love the bold sentiment and subtle shimmer!
    So glad you joined us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx