Monday, August 21, 2017

Christmas Card 2017: Joyeux Noel...


Hey,

Happy Monday.

I am back from the Margatecraftathon with JT, but this is a scheduled post, so you'll have to wait until Weds to hear all about it :)

As I start making my Christmas cards so early, the first batch usually has a few elaborate makes.

Today's card might not look elaborate, but trust me there was a fair amount of work involved!

Both the tree and Joyeux Noel dies are by Simon Says Stamp and I bought from Cheiron in her big destash.

Once I had die-cut the tree and the sentiment, I thought they would look nice on my fave mini kraft cards, but how to affix them, without a traumatic glue adventure?

I decided to go with mini staples. Cue much fiddling around trying to place the tree and the sentiment and hold them with one hand, whilst using the stapler..

Totally worth the effort, but I don't feel like there needs to be more than 2 of them!

I added some new fuzzy dots for a bit more interest.

Today I am going to Lunch with a friend and then hitting the pub for a big old reunion with my people.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to use staples to hold the die cuts in place. It looks so cool, but I can imagine how fiddly it was to do! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx