Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gifts For Babies. A Tutorial.


I like making gifts for babies and one of my favourite things to make are babygrows.

Well it's a bit of a cheat really, as I don't actually make the babygrow, but I buy good quality ones in packs.

I have found that the parents love receiving personalised gifts, so I use the Slice (there are lots of fun tutorials on the Slice site) to cut the initial of the baby - as shown here in today's pic - B for Beatrice.

It's really easy to do -
  1. Choose your fabric (needs to be lightweight if you are using the Slice to cut)
  2. Iron on some fusible web (Making Memories do their own, but a decent lightweight fusible web will do), but leave the backing sheet on
  3. Choose your initial / shape and either draw onto the fabric and cut out, or use your Slice to do this
  4. Remove your initial / shape from the fabric and peel off the backing and iron onto the babygrow
  5. Then using a decorative stitch on your machine, sew around the shape
  6. Give the babygrow one last iron, iron on your nametab and the babygrow is complete.
Really easy to do - a good tip is to wash the babygrow and the fabric, so they don't shrink later. Also you can always embellish the design further - especially if you use a shape, I often sew a button or a ribbon bow, but becareful to make sure that these are affixed really well, we don't want babies pulling them off and swallowing them!

Have a good day.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx