Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WOYWW 215...Belated win..


Hello and Happy WOYWW to you all..

Hop over to Julia's blog Stamping Ground to find out all about WOYWW the weekly global desk nose.

I know it is hot in the UK, but DUDES!! What is up with this heatwave, it topped 39 degrees here in NYC today..delicious and horrific all at once..

With the return of Hubby came the prize I won for entering a competition in Quick Cards earlier in the year. My Ma had the prize and gave it to Hubby to bring home for me. Lots of lovely new goodies to play with and here they are on my desk. I got x2 bunting kits, tissue paper, crepe paper, a pack of card blanks, a box of blingy embellishments and a whole variety of felt and glittery embellishments.

The competition required you to make a kids party invite - here is my winning invite -

Robot Invite - Front
Robot Invite - Back
The funny thing is that I wasn't going to enter it as I didn't think it was good enough...but Hubby convinced me that it was good enough :) The other good thing about winning was that the letter from Quick Cards said that they had, had 100's of entries, but felt mine was the best one - how awesome is that!

And for those of you that are interested the Robot Stamp is by Lettering Delights..oh and can you spot the non deliberate error?!

I'll be nosying around at desks when I get back from work.

Cx

p.s here are links to the dressform cards and camera cards that I made with the stamps you all loved last week.

14 comments:

  1. Claire, Big well done for winning. I'm glad your Dh convinced you to enter because your invite is stunning . Congratulations . Happy woyww Jill #29

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning that awesome bunch of goodies.

    Happy WOYWW Eliza 26

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and congrats on your win! Happy WOYWW! Danie #34

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was like 95 were I live t'day. Tomorrow, and the next month look to be the same.Congrats on winning. The card is awesome. Your prizes are fun. Now you can make more cards. If the Bunting is made from paper, you could use them to make some cards. Funny we are our own worst critics. Although if that were me, my hubby would not let me live it down that he was right. Have fun with your new stuff. (((HUGS)))
    Kim
    WOYWW #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire - congrats on the win - all worth while to get a bit of free stash to play with - the robot is fab - and no cant see any mistakes LOL - have a great week - Happy WOYWW - Mxx #87

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on your win =)
    Really lovely invite, i love the little robot.
    Happy WOYWW and I wish you a lovely week.
    Monique # 70
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These invitations are so cool! I like them very much!
    Thank you for your visit and leaving a kind comment
    Cheers
    Gabriele 23

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Claire!! It is a CUTE invite, love the robot.
    Thanks for the earlier visit.
    Krisha #5

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was a well deserved win if ever I saw one and now you can enjoy playing with all those new lovely pieces. Well done
    have a great day enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #75

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are brill, hope its a good day - love your desk lots of craftyness going on, thanks for the snoop

    Happy WOYWW
    Jay NO.65

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of great stuff going on in your post today. Thanks for sharing. Happy Wednesday. :o)
    Sue x (MiniOwner@96)
    PS Is it just me? Your blog seems to have an attack of the measles - the black spots are all over the text making it a bit hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, congrats on winning the competition ....and it was well deserved, the little robot is spot on!
    39 degrees?? OMG...I think I'd die! I much prefer cooler weather...I was probably a Viking in a previous life!!
    Hugs, LLJ 46 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why they picked your invite over the 100s of others, Claire! It is SO fun! Congratulations and have tons of fun with that mass of new goodies!!

    I'm dying to know the error! (Does he really live on Robot Ave?!) And you wanted to see a close-up of Annie's note on my window sill ... so, I don't see your email on your blog, but mine is on my profile page. Please email the answer to your riddle and I'll email you a close-up of the note!

    In the meantime, thanks for coming by to visit me! Happy WOYWW and have a wonderful week! Darnell #20

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have no idea what the error was, because I think it looks great. Congrats on the win. You got some very nice gifts as a result. Good for hubby having confidence in you. I'm not sure how late LATE is, but I'm here to wish you a beLATEd WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx