Thursday, July 11, 2013

Smile!


I saw this stamp (it's by Inkadinkadoo - of their many mini stamps) in my online Cards magazine and have wanted it for ages...bought it in a sale and then when it arrived I was a bit stuck re: how to use it :(

Then I saw this week's Retro Sketches challenge and a lightbulb came on. Here is the sketch -
Retro sketches #71
The main photo is my card. I had originally planned on this being a 5x7 card, but it felt too big. I used a sheet of kraft card, both patterned papers are by My Minds Eye and the button and paper twine are from my stash.

I love this card, I think the stamp works well, although the 'e' in smile is a bit smudged and I think that's for 2 reasons - overinking...naughty me and because the paper is a bit textured.

Work has gone well and Hubby will be home tomorrow, so all is well.

And a massive thanks again to all the lovely WOYWW ladies for wishing me luck for my first day.

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Pleased your first day went well, love the card,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, I missed your starting work. I hope it went well and that you enjoy it. Like Working Girl I have visions of you with your suit and trainers with high heels in your bag!!! (Now I'm showing my age! )

    Great card today, I need to get back to it. Life is interfering again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, good to hear from you, I do indeed have my heels in my bag :) Cx

      Delete
  3. That image is perfect for the sketch!! AWESOME card!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx