Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day


..Today is Father's Day both here in the US and back at home in the UK.

Obviously I won't be seeing my Daddy today, but it hasn't stopped me from making him the beauty that is today's main photo...

I wanted to keep it simple and decided that I would go down a typography route. I was rooting around in Michaels and came across these wonderful adhesive letters by Thickers - they are called Eric. I thought the patterns on the letters would bring the card to life. The red banners on my card were made using self-adhesive border strips by DCWV and I used my square punch to get the flag shape. Using Candi's was always a must, especially these grey stripey ones, very masculine.

I am not sure I can top last year's post about my Dad, so I'm not even going to try..

I miss my parents every single day, but the fact is, they are the reason that Hubby and I are here in NYC. They encouraged us, helped us, supported us and gave us the strength to get through the tough times..

My Dad isn't really one for the phone or Skype, but he loves email and when I get an email from him, it makes my day, as he always tells me stuff that no-one else would. It's these little things that my Dad knows about me that makes him so special.

Happy Father's Day Daddy.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely Fathers Day card and I am sure your dad will be thrilled when he gets it.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ria, he was indeed thrilled and sent me a photo of him with it :)

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx