Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Today is Father's Day here in the UK, I doubt I'll be seeing my Dad today as he is a busy bee!

I thought I'd dedicate today's post to my Dad (and the beautiful card I made him).

I think my Daddy rocks, he is awesome in so many ways, he has a great sense of humour, he's fun, he can eat me under the table, he's great with the many animals we own as a family, he loves music and sport, he is a pretty sharp dresser too and has always been there for me, no matter how crazy I get!

My love of music and all things sport definitely come from my Dad. His tastes in music cover all genres and there isn't much he won't listen too - he might not like it all, but he gives it all a chance - which is more than I do! My parents refer to Hubby and I as 'old farts' because of our musical tastes. I too love music and I like a pretty broad spectrum of stuff, which most certainly comes from my Dad. Sport is a big deal for him, he loves to watch all kinds of sport. I love Football, Basketball and American Football - I feel that 3 sports is enough for any one girl!

Partly our love of Football stems from the fact that he runs a Sunday League team with some old friends - Kenningwell FC has been a part of their lives for a long time and has been with me my whole life, the team was formed in 1967 and 45 years later they are still going strong. Watching Kenningwell play, has taught me a lot about friendship and team work, but most of all it has taught me how to scream like a banchee when my team are doing good and bad!

Below is a picture of the team in the early 80's - My Dad is 4th from the left in the standing row!


Today's main picture, is the card I have made for my Dad to celebrate Father's Day - I saw the idea in a magazine (Quick Cards I think) and modified it slightly as it had some twine and the 'D' stood for Dad, but as I call mine Daddy, I had to change that. The papers are from Michael's, the 'D' is from Hema in Amsterdam and the eyelets are by Papermania. I think it's a very masculine card. I had fun making it and I'll be trying the idea for other occasions.

Happy Father's Day Daddy - with much love.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx